08 9244 2668
Maximise your solar investment by increasing its output by up to 42% more.
Fixed solar arrays produce maximum power for a very short period once a day, when the sun is directly overhead. For the rest of the day your PV array is operating at a significantly reduced output.
Tracking the solar modules however ensures that the modules are facing the sun every available hour, so you achieve maximum PV yield.
SolarTrack trackers are exclusively made for and distributed by WA Solar Supplies.
They work using a simple passive tracking system. The natural warmth of the sun and gravity provide all the energy required to transfer fluid (weight) from one side of the tracker to the other aligning your modules towards the sun. The Solar Track tracker also incorporates a unique Self Reorientating System (SRS). With SRS technology the array is reorientated automatically during the night so is ready for maximum power generation as soon as the sun rises (unlike inferior passive tracker designs that need the morning sun to do this; wasting valuable time and power production).
The SolarTrack trackers by design overcome many of the short comings prevalent in electronic trackers; namely mechanical failure of gear/actuators due to high wind loadings exceeding ratings, electronic failure and battery replacements. They don’t require any power to operate, or sophisticated PLC/microprocessor controllers, or GPS or wind or PV sensors or motors or limit switches or wiring or communication links, etc to work.
The simplicity of design enables small or large scale installations to be rolled out over varied terrain in remote areas without the need for service contracts or ongoing scheduled maintenance costs.
Real Benefits to RAPS Systems
- Longer battery life: Reduces battery depth of discharge. Morning and afternoon peak loads (often the highest demand times of the day) can be directly powered from the solar array to the load, reducing battery cycling.
- Improve system efficiency: By powering loads directly and bypassing the battery, your net system efficiency is increased. Up to 15% more per kWhr of power consumed. With less consumption results in increased battery life and reduced fuel cost (in a hybrid system) or reduces your system cost with fewer modules.
- Up to 42% more peak PV energy available over a flat array.
Real Benefits to Water Pumping
- 50% more water: Your pump will start earlier and run longer. Every extra minute of keeping the pump turning means more water pumped.
- Lower system cost: Less PV modules and a smaller pump are required to pump the same amount of water per day than compared to a fixed array.
- Lower pipe line costs: Reducing the peak flow means a smaller pipe can be used or less money is wasted as pipe friction on long runs.
- Increase water yield from limited water sources. Pumping longer at a reduced rate will maximise the yield from limited water sources.
Real Benefits to Grid Connections
- Up to 42% more kWhrs of power is produced when compared with a flat array.
- For the same PV yield a smaller array is required. As such, fewer/smaller inverters can be used and fewer solar modules, less cabling, less installation or civil works costs etc.
- Maximise the grid connection and capacity. Grid capacity is allocated on peak performance and is often limited. Running at peak capacity for longer makes best use of this capacity and reduces the amortised cost of connection over more kWhrs produced, reducing your cost of production per kWhr.
- In large-scale applications, land use is not compromised for many agricultural pursuits, enabling dual income from the same land. Our design enables the arrays to be separated to maximise yield by avoiding one array shading another early or late in the day. The open space between still receives sunlight so grass, crops or vegetables can still grow. As such, grazing or cropping can still take place within the solar field with only a small proportion of the land actually taken up by the trackers. As an added bonus, you also are providing a windbreak to protect crops/stock and reduce erosion/soil moisture loss. Shade for small animals is also provided.
- Tracking often matches peak power in summer, offsetting the most expensive power costs.